I’ve been posting cakes under my #cakestandoff hashtag for a while now, and have been asked a few times for my cheesecake recipe, so here it is! Happy baking!
- 250g digestive biscuits
- 500g mascarpone cheese
- 125g butter (melted)
- Vanilla Essence
- Lemon flavouring (or juice of a lemon)
- 100g icing sugar
- 284ml double cream
Optional (for decoration):
- yellow food colouring
- lemon slice
- Line a 23cm loose bottomed tin with baking parchment paper.
- Put the digestives in a food-bag, and bash them into fine crumbs.
- Melt the butter, along with a few drops of vanilla essence, in a pan.
- Pour the butter/vanilla essence over the crushed digestives & mix together until all the crumbs are coated.
- Empty the mixture into your prepared tin. Press down and compact the mixture firmly.
- Put in the fridge for approx one hour to set.
- In a bowl, mix together the Mascarpone and icing sugar.
- Add double cream to the mixture, stir until combined.
- Add in your lemon flavouring, use as much or as little as you desire. I usually just put a few drops. (add food colouring at this stage too, if you are using it).
- Spoon your cream mixture on to your biscuit base, and smooth down.
- Leave your cheesecake in the fridge overnight to set, no cooking is necessary!
- Bring your cheesecake to room temperature, remove it from your tin carefully.
- Decorate your cheesecake just before serving.